Monday, February 18, 2013

Andre RIckerson 2nd Blog : Kendrick Lamar

Hello Everyone. I’m a big fan of hip hop music and one of my favorite artists today is Kendrick Lamar. His music is just so much different than other rappers in the industry. He has his own style and on any song that he features on you can recognize his voice as soon as he starts to rap on a track. His debut album Good Kid M.A.A.D City was one of the best of 2012. Time Magazine ranked the album #2 of the year of 2012. Also Rolling Stone ranked it the #6 album of the year of 2012. Kendrick Lamar has been around for a while but he was just making mixtapes such as Section 80 (one of his best). He is from Compton California witch he mentions and represents a lot in his songs. Also he explains his life and how he made it out of a place where everyone is expected to do badly in life. I really love this album and when it came out I would listen to it all the time, my roommate would also agree upon that. I find it really ironic that Dr. Dre is his mentor. I was thinking, maybe that’s why Kendrick Lamar is really good because he’s getting one on one advice from one of the most successful producers ever. I like Kendrick Lamar because he doesn’t talk about guns and violence all the time like some rappers. He paints vivid pictures in your head like he’s telling a story or something on each song he makes. He also has his own flow that nobody in the industry could copy. My favorite song on his gold album is “The Art Of Peer Pressure” because it’s such a true story and I can relate to it so well. I’m pretty sure a lot of people can relate to that song because peer pressure is something that happens all the time to us young people. I would rate Kendrick Lamar’s album Good Kid M.A.A.D City a 9 out of 10 because every song on the album is a master piece and its really good music.

No comments:

Post a Comment