Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Blog # 2

Django UnchainedDjango UnchainedOne of my favorite movies that just came out is Django. This movie stars Jamie Foxx, who plays as a freed slave. He is bought by a German bounty hunter, who just asks him to lead him to find someone, then lets him go. But Django wants to become a bounty hunter too. I will not give the rest away, but I highly recommend that everyone who has not seen it to go out and see it. This movie depicts the rotting morals that the south had back in the early 1800's. It also shows the harsh reality of how it was to be a slave, and how badly that they were treated. This movie takes place right before the Civil War, and you can feel the tensions build between the pro-slavery people and anti-slavery people. This is a fiction movie, but it is very accurate about how things were during that time. One of my favorite actors, Leonardo DiCaprio, plays a very important role, as a slave owner in the south, and in my opinion is the best actor in the movie. There is even a scene where he smashes a glass with his hand, by accident, but continues to act and improvises, with blood coming from his hand. As you can imagine, this must have been very hard to do, because he was in immense pain. In an interview, he explains that he went into his character, and could not leave until he was finished acting with the entire movie. He ate, slept, and breathed this character, during the casting of the movie. There is also a lot of comedy tied into the movie, and it kept the audience laughing during the entire thing. I believe that there is an old movie, made in 1966, called Django as well, but I do not know what it is about. I am definitely willing to watch it though, and see how it compares with it's new counter-part. So, once again, I highly recommend everyone to go see this movie, especially while it is still in theaters (I don't know if it still is at this point). It is an excellent comedy/action/romance movie that will keep you glued to the screen till the credits.

1 comment:

  1. hey George, I enjoyed reading your blog. I just saw that movie last week with my friends and loved every minute of it. It is certainly a long movie but definitly a good one. Jamie foxx is a great actor i loved watching him in law abiding citizen which is one of my favorite movies. It is so interesting how the characters have to prepare so much for their roles. I had always thought i possibly may want to become an actor but its definitly not as easy as it looks. Eating, breathing, and sleeping his character? Sounds like dedication. Anyway I definitly enjoyed the movie it was hilarious. One of those movies where your just about laughing throughout the whole movie. We should see a movie together sometime!

    ReplyDelete