Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Derek Bedard 2nd Blog

          One of my all-time favorite movies is hands down, Dumb and Dumber. This is a movie that I have watched over a hundred times, and it just gets funnier with each new watch. For anyone who has not seen it, can view it's launch trailer from 1994  I grew up with this movie, so it reminds me of my childhood every time I view it, which makes me appreciate it even more.  It is about these two lifelong friends who barely scrape by in society. They live in a tiny two-room apartment and each work a part-time job in order to pay the rent and save up to open their own store in the future. On an ordinary day for Lloyd Christmas as a limo driver, he meets this woman and instantly falls in love. He drives her to the airport cherishing every moment along the way. When he drops her off, he notices she has dropped her briefcase and desperate to bring it back to her in order to speak to her again, he runs out of the limo and into the airport where he grabs the briefcase before two thugs can. Little does Lloyd know that she had just dropped ransom for her abducted husband. Harry and Lloyd now must return her briefcase to her all the way in Aspen while avoiding the thugs along the way. It is a great and hilarious adventure that never has a dull moment. This film is suitable for anyone who is a fan of dumb comedy, and if you decide to watch it for the first time this weekend, I guarantee it will reward you with at least a few laughs.
             
   Eventually, there will be a sequel to this 90’s hit comedy, I hope. They had plans to start filming last year, but the plans were scrapped last minute.  I really hope someday the directors will settle their differences and pull together to create another movie that will go down as one of my favorites. When that day comes, I will be sure to see it the day it hit theaters, and I know I will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment