Monday, February 18, 2013

Leonel Messi



Leonel Messi is the greatest soccer player of all time in my opinion. He is my idol because i love soccer and love to watch him play the game. I have been watching Messi since he was the 17 and was the youngest to score a goal ever in the Spanish League. Right now Messi is the best by far because he is breaking records like its his job right now. He scored 91 goals in calender year which broke Muller's 40 year old record of 85 goals. He has won 4 Player of the year awards straight, which is a record for most consecutive and the most. He is my idol because he is a monster of the soccer field and he revolutionized the sport of soccer. He is the most complete player in the game because of his level of scoring and assists. He makes his teammates better by being a good teammate and gives great advice on how to become better. Messi is always compared to Maradona and Pele but people criticize Messi on not winning a World Cup. He is only 25 years old and is in his prime. He is my idol because i want to be like and play the way he does by using dribbles so close to his feet, its like they are glued to his feet. I also want to score like him, because he hardly ever misses. He is going to keep getting better and better because he is so young. I also idolize him because he grew up in poverty and used his skills in soccer to financially support his family. I want to do the same i want to work as hard as him and financially support my family in the future. He is idolized by many all across the world and for a good reason. He is the UNICEF ambassador who helped raised money for earthquakes in Argentina and Haiti. He also founded the Leonel Messi Foundation, which helps kids with disabilities be successful. He is amazing on and off the soccer field. This why he is my idol because he is great person.

1 comment:

  1. Saurav, I also enjoy Messi as a soccer player. I always love watching him dribble around practically anybody with ease. His speed and shot power are remarkable today. He is easily the best player in FIFA, which is why I always make sure he is on my team and not the opponents. He is so young too. He has accomplished so much already and there is no doubt he will accomplish much more in his career. He is one of my favorite players not only because of his skill level, but because of the generous and kind person he is off of the field. The Leonel Messi Foundation helps kids all around the world and it warms my heart to see such a skilled soccer player be as kind as he is. Disabled kids all around the world, thanks to Messi, can still grow up to be successful.
    - Derek

    ReplyDelete