Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Reviewing sinister




This is a movie that came out a few months ago. Let me just tell you now that this movie is scary. It's a horror and suspense movie. I have watched this movie twice and I regret it. I can't believe I actually saw it twice. One time is completely enough for this kind of movie. I recommend it to all the people that don't believe they can be scared. Sometimes it's depends how you watch movies now a days. When you watch a movie with a bunch of friends who just want to talk then movies become funny. Watch this movie by yourself or with 1 friend who knows how to be silent. The movie theaters are a great place to watch a scary movie because everyone there is willing to give a movie a chance. I give movies a chance.
 This movie is crazy let me tell you. It all starts out with a family moving into a new house. The story unravels of the main character being a journalist and writes story about crimes that police may have missed detail on. As they move into the house the guy proceeds to find a box of old film in his attic. On his spare time he watches the film and to his surprise the videos contain murders being filmed through a cam corder. What he also realizes is that the tree this family is being hung from in the video is the tree he has in his backyard. As the story progresses and he watches more tapes he soon realizes that all the murders are connected. A rookie police officer who is star struck by the once famous journalist helps him solve the mystery behind the murders. This is definitely a movie worth watching in my belief. It has such an entertaining and suspenseful story behind it there is no way you will be bored. Don’t even think about sleeping at night also because the deeply immersive ambience will keep you up. I give this movie a solid 8 out of 10. Websites bashed this movie completely for who knows why.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinister_(film)

2 comments:

  1. I am not easily scared by horror movies, but Jesus, this movie's trailer looks pretty frightening. I have seen the movie Insidious twice, which I noticed was made by the same producer. I thought that it was a good movie, but not very scary. I would probably give Insidious 7 out of 10 because it was entertaining, but not necessarily a great movie. Both of the movies kind of have a similar plot, where there is a demon-like deity living inside of the family's house, and it preys on children. They also have the demon popping out in places that you would not expect, and children drawing pictures of him. If you have not already seen Insidious, and you liked this movie, then I would recommend it for you. I am not too sure if I even want to watch this movie, Sinister. It looks quite disturbing, but if I'm feeling brave enough one day, I might give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian, I love scary movies and I definitely want to see this! Every time I go to the movies most of the time it’s to see a new horror film that just came out. I have a group of friends of about seven people that always get together to watch scary movies. Sinister seems pretty scary and I can't wait to see it. A lot of scary movies are more stupid than scary, but I hope that your right and Sinister scares me. Another scary movie I’m looking forward to see is Dark Skies which is coming out this Friday. The trailer looks so good and even when I saw the trailer being shown on TV is was scared. I don’t know why I love scary movies so much because I get so scared. I’m one of those people who watch the movie through my fingers and scream at a jumpy part. I can’t wait to watch this movie soon.

    ReplyDelete