Sunday, January 27, 2013

Derek Bedard 1st Blog

My name is Derek Bedard, and I am a freshmen here at Nichols College. When the year fist started, I was a little skeptical about moving away from home. I was not sure how I felt about moving away from my girlfriend, my friends, and my family for long periods of time. I came from Palmer, Massachusetts, which is about forty minutes away from here. I figured, if I did not enjoy it here, I would just go home on the weekends, and focus on my grades. Last semester, I went home three times in the course of four months. I made a lot of new friendships and had a blast up here on the hill. I adapted to the new environment very well, and all my worrying prior to move-in day was for nothing. Now I am here starting my second semester, and I plan to be here when I start my last. Although I may commute next year to avoid the costs of living here which has really taken a toll on my bank account. It is a little bit of a drive, but I won't mind it. Before moving up here on September 1st, I worked full time in the summer at Elms College. It was a pretty brutal job with rough hours, seven in the morning to three thiry in the afternoon, but I had a great time and made some great friends when I worked there. I am a big sports fan, but baseball if my favorite. I love to watch it, read about it, and even play it. I have been a New York Yankee fan my whole life, and I have lived in  Massachusetts my whole life as well. 
One of the plazas in Palmer

I love being a Yankee fan near Boston. Everytime I mention it, I get a silent stare from every baseball fan in the room, and I love it. I am very excited about this next semester here at Nichols. I have a little bit of a less stressful schedule, and I managed to get Fridays off, which really excites me. It will be an interesting semester full of fun, friends, and large workloads, but throughout all the stress and hardships, it will no doubt be memorable.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment