Thursday, January 24, 2013

Zach McKenzie's Blog #1

My name is Zach McKenzie from Wolfeboro, New Hampshire. I am a freshmen and live on campus in Shamie Hall. I am currently majoring in Sport Management. I lived with my father this past summer in Glastonbury, CT and worked for Liberty Landscape LLC out of South Windsor. I took this job to get the full experience of how the real world really is. Since it was the summer before college i was hoping that it was going to help me work a lot harder in school, and it did. My parents are divorced and I only saw my dad about once a month during high school. But now that I am in college I see him almost every weekend since Nichols is only an hour away. I love to watch and play basketball. I was captain of my basketball team my senior year. Working on my car is another hobby of mine as well. I drive a Volkswagen along with everyone else in my family. My dad and I share interest working on our cars as well, installing aftermarket air intakes, headlights, diverter valves etc.
   
I did not know that this class was going to be about blogging. I thought we were going to be making applications hints the name "digital apps". I have grown up around technology my whole life and have thought about working for Apple. My aunt use to work for Travelers writing programs so I would say it's in my genes. I can say though that I have yet to blog before, all this is new to me. I have heard of people that blog all day about all sorts of things. What I hope to get out of this class is learn how blogging and everything else is going to help me in the future. I am going to try and have a positive attitude about this class even if i get frustrated at times.


The blog that interests me is the Volkswagen Motor Trend blog. This interests me because I love my VW's and this one particularly is the king of all. Being able to go on a blog like this and learn about VW's and all the new ones coming out is something awesome, especially since I own one myself. It is nice to see that other people enjoy Volkswagens and agree that they are well made cars. I know that this blog is a credible source because it was published by Motor Trend. They review all types of cars from little hatch backs like the Golf R to big trucks like Ford F-350's. This is a video of a Golf R with an APR exhaust system and ECU tuning.
   


1 comment:

  1. I am jealous that you live in Wolfeboro, my ex girlfriend's grandparents have a house on the lake, you probably would know where it is if you saw it. Wolfeboro is a great place to spend a summer and I am sure you love it up there just as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete