Friday, January 25, 2013


Josh Halpern

January 25, 2013

Blog/ Myself

Digital Apps

Fleury- Lawson

            My name is Joshua Halpern but I like to be called Josh.  I am from Secaucus, New Jersey

my town got affected by the hurricane Sandy, and I happened to be there during this horrible

tragedy and it left my house without power for about a week.  I have had a couple of jobs in the

past, I was a lifeguard for a couple of summers when I was in high school, and I’ve been

teaching tennis the last 3 summers at the Nutley Tennis Club in New Jersey. I am a Freshmen

here at Nichols, my major is Sports Management.  I really hope that I can get into the sports

business side of things in a year or two.  I am also on the Nichols college men’s tennis team and

we hope to win another championship this year.  

            I had a couple of computer courses in high school but they were really teaching us about

it really we just learned the basic things about computers.  I hope to learn more advanced

material about computers because it is something that interests me.  I also want to gain

knowledge from this course so I can take that back home with me and the future to come because

you never know when you’re going to need a specific thing about a site on a computer or

something of that nature. 

            I found this blog to be really excited for the sport of tennis.  This will be the second

consecutive final that Murray and Djokovic will compete in.  Murray beat the #1 in world last

time in the U S Open, but it is clear on everyone’s mind that Djokovic wants revenge so that he

can capture the Australian Open title.  An interesting fact between these two players is that they

are the same age and their birthdays are only a couple of days apart.  Djokovic is also looking

forward to become the only man in the history of tennis to win 3 consecutive Australian Open

titles.  In head to head meetings Djokovic leads Murray 10-7 but Murray matches keep getting

closer to victory as Djokovic will to try and hold off Murray on early Sunday morning. 

2 comments: