Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Blog 1

My name is Mitch Cole, and I'm from Billerica, Massachusetts. I'm 19 years old and I'm a Sports Management major as well as a freshman here at Nichols College. My only paid job so far is being a bag boy at Market Basket, a job which I hate very much and can't wait to quit. I've done a lot of unpaid work in the sports field, however. I used to write my own Boston Bruins blog before creating my own website to cover Boston sports, where I have two other writers that post for me. I also cover the NHL and MLB for a national sports blog called Chat Sports, and I also interview CEO's of emerging sports tech companies for Chat Sports. I'm a huge sports nut (obviously) and love the Boston Bruins.

Some of the things that many would like to gain from this class are things that I already know and have experience in (blogging, web creations, etc.), but one thing I would like to gain from this class is the skill of photo editing. I've long wanted to include pictures that I've edited in my blogs and articles, and would like to learn how to do so in this class.

A credible blog that interests me is one that I've been reading for quite a while now and one that also has a strong influence on my own writing. The Boston Bruins blog Days Of Y'Orr is a blog written by four Bruins fans, one of whom I have met as we both have attended multiple Bruins home games as credentialed members of the media, which is what makes this blog credible. Their writing is informative, but at the same time very different and refreshing for me as I have grown pretty sick of the same old stuff every journalist spits out to get their paycheck. They include many pictures that they photoshop and add a witty (albeit crude as well) humor to their articles, a style which rubbed off on me when I was trying to find my own unique writing style shortly after I began writing.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mitch to relate to this blog I can tell that your a huge Boston sports fan. Well me I am a Philadelphia sports fan. To say that I like your job of interviewing sports players and owners. I wish I had your job for I can interview players and owners. So is there a chance that you can give me that job it sounds fun and probaly dont have to pay to get into any game.

    ReplyDelete