Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Running Through Life (Katie Tupaj 1st post)

My name is Katelyn Daley Tupaj and I was born on the middle of a hail storm on May 23, 1994. I consider Thompson, CT to be my home town. I graduated from Tourtellotte Memorial High School last June and am now a freshmen at Nichols College. All of my life, the black and white world of logic has made much more sense than the artistic side of things; that being said I chose to major in Secondary Math Education and minor in accounting. Numbers have just always made sense to me. Not only have I been obsessed with numbers my whole life, but also the education aspect. When I was little I used to make a school bus out of the dining room chairs, drive my stuffed animals to "school", and teach them everything I had learned that day at school.
 
 
Around the same age, I would always practice stop, dropping, and rolling just in case there was ever a fire. My parents were hoping I wasn't a crazy little kid and decided to enroll me in dance classes when I was four and a half. For twelve years I danced at Wendy's Dance Studio in Webster, MA. Because of dance classes, I had the pleasure of meeting my roommate years before we were even thinking about colleges. Unfortunately, the studio closed June of 2010 and after that, I stopped dancing.
 

Besides dance, I run and was a cheerleader. I started running in fifth grade. Ever since then, I have done cross-country, cheerleading, and track in high school. Coming to Nichols, I was originally on the cheerleading team, but I quickly realized it just wasn't for me. I switched over to the cross-country team and found my niche at Nichols.


My educational journey at Nichols led me to this very class. Because I want to get into education, I am hoping that this class will give me the skills to effectively incorporate technology into the class room after graduation. This includes being proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint to help create assignments, as well as efficiently creating visually stimulating websites to keep assignments accurately posted.

I am very new to blogging and have never really looked around for blogs. I started looking around at different running blogs, first year college survival blogs, and numerous other things, but none of them seemed credible. A lot of them were just personal accounts written by random people that meant nothing to me. Finally I stumbled upon a blog called TalkNerdy2Me. TalkNerdy2Me is a blog about all different issues the average college student would be concerned about such as how to be eco-friendly, fit, and chic while living at school. This blog was put together by The National Society of Collegiate Scholars.

1 comment:

  1. Katie, your blog looks great! By the looks of it, we really do have a lot of things in common. I am also definitely a black-and-white girl, opposed to the artistic side of things. For as long as I can remember, math has been my favorite subject in school and although it is not my major, it is a subject that I love to learn about. When I was little, I also loved to play “school.” My mom actually had a home day-care so all of the little kids were my “students.” I also danced when I was young, but quit after five years. I think it’s really cool how you are on the cross-country team. Running is just not for me. When it comes to our digital applications class, we are both looking forward to learning the same things and it will be nice getting to learn them together. I absolutely love the Math Math Baby video. The blog you researched looks very interesting and will not only be helpful to me, but every other college student as well.

    ReplyDelete