Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Jaime's First Blog



My name is Jaime Lee Miglionico and I am currently a freshman in my second semester at Nichols College. I am a psychology major and I have very high hopes of one day becoming a child psychologist. I live in Dudley, Massachusetts with my mom, dad, and younger sister, Jordan.  I also have two Bernese Mountain dogs, Lily and Jasmine, and they are both considered part of my family. 





Last year, as well as over the summer, I spent my time working at a law office in Douglas, Massachusetts, where I answered phone calls, made copies, and filed papers. Unfortunately, working at the office didn't fit into my schedule with school so I took up a babysitting job instead. Before I head to class every day, I babysit a three year old girl and spending time with her is the best way to start my day. In my spare time, I like to hang out with my friends and family, watch movies, listen to music, and read books by my favorite author, Jodie Picoult. My all-time favorite movie is Titanic and my favorite color is pink

Overall, I hope that over the period of this course, I gain a broader general knowledge of technology, as well as enhance my computer skills. I am somewhat familiar with computers, but there is still a lot of things I do not know. Specifically, I would like to learn how to put together a powerpoint. I know how to use the program, however, I do not know how to utilize all of the effects it has to offer.

Looking into different blogs, I couldn't help but keep in mind my new interest in cooking and trying new recipes. Recently, my mom was diagnosed with an allergy to wheat. As a family, we have been trying different recipes and meals to help her stay healthy. I have become extremely interested in cooking and trying out new things. After a little bit of research, I was able to find a credible cooking blog through the Food Network entitled FN Dish. This blog provides popular news, tips, and recipes to readers and those who are interested in gaining knowledge about the cooking industry. This blog is credible because it is created by the Food Network which is a world-wide network composed of experts who specialize in the field of food and cooking. This blog has been a particular help to me as I continue to look for new ways to help my mom live a healthier lifestyle. 





2 comments:

  1. Well first of all, I am very excited that we will probably have a lot of classes together in future semesters. I have to take a lot of psychology classes to fulfill my education major. Your dogs are absolutely adorable. The job at the law office sounds a lot like what I used to do when I volunteered at Day Kimball Hospital the past four summers. Just like you, I babysit in the mornings, but I can only do it three days a week. As far as technology, I feel like I have the same sort of skills that I want to work on. I feel like our families have a lot of similarities. My mom was diagnosed with Celiac Disease quite a few years ago, so we're always looking for good recipes that don't have wheat in them. Maybe we could have a baking day together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is really cool that you have two Bernese Mountain dogs. I have always wanted one of those dogs but the fact that they are so big I could never get one. It is awesome that you can balance both babysitting and school because little kids can be a handful. Meanwhile, it is also a good experience that you got the chance to work for a law office. This is a great advantage for finding a job in the future. I also think it is awesome that you like to bake. I have an interest in baking to. I cannot imagine being diagnosed with wheat or any food allergy. That will definitely make eating and finding healthy foods difficult. It is a good thing that you are open to trying new foods and things because that will make the process of finding foods your whole family can eat a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete