Wednesday, January 23, 2013

1st blog, go Ray lewis


My name is Brian Pliego. I am from Chelsea, MA. Here at Nichols College I am a criminal justice major. I am a freshman but on his second semester so I feel I learned the ropes when it comes to being successful here. There are a ton of things I don’t know about here but time will show all in the end. I finished my first semester with a 2.7 GPA. It seems low but it could have been a lot worse. I had on my report card an A, B, B, B, B, and a C. That one C messed it all up but that’s the story of my schooling career. I’ve always had that one grade to take away my honor roll. I still get congratulations from my parents and all but I know they are disappointed inside.  My Parents are Hispanic. My dad is from Mexico while my mom is from Colombia. It’s a pretty rare thing here to be Hispanic. I’ve met a few more of my race here but the majority is white. I'm having a good time here, its way better than being in Chelsea. Most people don’t know where my city is. To make it easier I usually say it’s just across the Tobin Bridge from Boston. Everyone knows Boston.

This class totally caught me off guard. I thought it was a math class and it turns out were blogging. I can’t complain really, I dislike math in all my years of being a student. This is a fair change of scenery for me though. I know nothing about computers for an 18 year old in today’s society. Blogging is totally new to me also. I’ve heard a lot about it and i know there are some hardcore update everyday bloggers out there. What I hope to get out of this class is a good understandment of what else the internet has to offer. I didn’t know you can make a free blog BOOM learned something new. I hope my interest doesnt die out in this class. Just have to keep pushing and ill be ok.

I have an intrest in the sports community and am looking forward to some sports blogs. I seem to have found a few on ESPN which intrest me. This man Mike Sando is a journalist for ESPN. He's writing a piece on the development of the San Fransico 49'ers. Its a football team located in California and is also a participant to the superbowl. Thats the biggest thing to happen every year for football. The blog is very informative and accurate. He knows what he's saying which is a good thing for a journalist for a big company like ESPN. Here on the side is Ray Lewis. Any blog about the upcoming superbowl has this man as the biggest threat. Feel free to decide for yourself with the video He is the man who will lead the Baltimore Ravens to beat the 49'ers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brian. I can relate to you because for an 18 year old, I do not know very much at all about blogging, or computers for that matter. I know where Chelsea is too because I have to drive through there to get to my grandparents’ house, which is in Brockton, Mass. I also come from two different but similar backgrounds, just like you. My mother is Greek, and my father is Italian. As for Ray Lewis, I think he is an absolute beast, but on the other hand I hate him because I am a Patriots fan. I hope he wins the Super bowl though, because it is his last season and he deserves a win. It is also the very first time in history that two brothers (Jim and John Harbaugh) are the two head coaches facing each other in the Super bowl. It is going to be very interesting what happens.

    ReplyDelete