Tuesday, January 22, 2013

George Balzano 1st post


Hello, my name is George Balzano, and I'm from Portsmouth, New Hampshire. I am a business major here at Nichols college. I transferred from Great Bay Community College, which is in Portsmouth. I worked at Agave Mexican Bistro over the summer as a busboy. It was an interesting time, and I made some pretty decent tips. The thing that separates Agave from other restaurants is it's selection of tequila. It has over 70 different kinds of tequila to try, and hundreds of different margarita's to choose from. It is a popular place to go during the winter, as well as the summer, because it has fire places inside and is a nice, cozy place to eat. I hear a lot of customers say that it is the best Mexican food they have ever had. Something else I like doing during the summer is fishing. I like going out with my father on his boat to fish for Bluefin tuna. This is an elusive creature that is very hard to catch, and can get up to 1000 lbs., but if you do, the profits are big. This past year was a good season, and a lot of tuna were caught. I am not the most computer savvy person, so with this course I hope I will learn to be more versatile on the computer. I want to be able to do more with a computer, and be faster with it too.


This Oceans 4 Ever blog is about a man, Richard Theiss, who films sharks for a living, and is an advocate to the conservation of sharks. He loves them, and shows people that sharks are important in keeping the ocean's ecosystem healthy. This blog explains that people's fear for sharks are making it easier for people to kill them off, because they are a hated creature. Richard tells people the truth, that sharks are just a predator of the sea, and are only doing what they have always done. They should not be feared and killed, but respected. This blog is creditable because it is done by a shark enthusiast and expert. This blog interests me because I have always been interested with oceanic wildlife, and I do think that the killing of sharks and other ocean creatures needs to be stopped.













1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to fish for tuna. I have a house in Harwich and have a 21 foot trophy boat. We mostly go fishing in the riptides and catch stripers or bluefish. I went to Puerto Rico last summer and went Marlin fishing which was always my dream, but we only caught a dolphin fish. I love fishing whether it’s on a lake or an ocean; or if it’s on a boat or on four inches of ice. If I am able to catch fish then I love doing it. I am actually really jealous that you go tuna fishing because that is on my bucket list of fish to catch. It’s even cooler that the tuna you do catch you end up selling for a good profit. It reminds me of the show Wiked Tuna. I also agree with your take on sharks. I love sharks and everything about them and definitely need to be protected by people who are killing them in their natural habitat.

    ReplyDelete