Thursday, March 21, 2013

Berlin, Germany





Ever since I was little I have had this dream to visit Germany. I have always wondered what it’s like on the other side of the world. I would so my desire to go not just to Germany but Berlin, Germany began when I found out it was in my blood. After my dad told me I was part Germany I began to wonder what there was to do for fun and if it was anything like the U.S. I also wanted to go to get a little bit of background on the culture and environment. One of the biggest attractions there is Museumsinsel (Museum Island). It consists of five museums on a tiny island. This one would fill me in on a lot of the history that I do not know already.

TV Tower (Fernshturm) is another well-known attraction I would visit. It is the tallest structure through out all of Germany. You can take one of two elevators to the top in 40 seconds. There is a Telecafe at the top so you can enjoy the view of Berlin along with refreshments. I have always feared heights but this is one I wouldn’t turn down.

The Berlin Zoo (Zoologischer Garten) would be a very fun place to visit as well. There are more than 14,000 animals there to see as well as an aquarium. I cannot remember the last time I have been to a zoo but this one sounds like a lot of fun.


The last place I would visit but certainly not the least while in Berlin is the Volkswagen Automobile of Berlin. I have a Volkswagen and love the culture behind it but I am interested to see what they offer on the other side of the world where they originated. I have always wanted to see how big the company is in Germany.

I would stay at the Avant Grande, which was built in 1889. It is $687 for five nights. You cannot beat that. It is also rated an 8.4 out of ten on booking.com. It also costs $1,225 round trip from Boston, Massachusetts to Berlin, Germany. This is my dream trip that I hope to make as soon as I have enough money saved up. 

1 comment:

  1. This seems like a really cool place to visit man. You will learn a lot about your heritage, and have a good time while doing it. I have never been to Germany, but I hear it is a good place to visit, with high quality beer and food. I have also heard that the aquarium and zoo in Berlin is a very good take in. It is one of the best in the world. I also fear heights, but the TV Tower seems too fun to just let it pass by. I would go on it too, if I had the opportunity. This seems like a really fun vacation, and I hope you go on it soon and learn a lot about your ancestors. I've been to Italy, where some of my ancestors are from, and met cousins who still live there. I hope when you go on your trip, you have as much fun as I did on that trip!

    ReplyDelete