Thursday, March 21, 2013

My Mongolian Experince

File:Khorkhog 2.JPGIf I could go anywhere in the world, I would go to Mongolia. This my seem strange, but I think it would be a great experience. I would have a family that lives in the rural part of the country take me in, and I would live with them for a couple weeks to a month. I would learn how everyday life is, and would get the full grasp of how these people live, and have lived for centuries. I already did some research, and most of the people live in huts in small communities, and have sheep, or grow their own food. I would really want to do this to, first of all, appreciate all of the things I have here in America. Secondly, it would be an unforgettable experience. I would have a really fun time just enjoying the simple things in life, and living in a different culture. It would also be an experience eating the traditional Mongolian cuisine. My stomach would probably have to get used to it, since it is so much different to the food here in America. One dish I really want to try is khorkhog. This is mutton sealed in milk with vegetables on the side. This sounds delicious to me. This vacation might sound odd, or very weird to some people, but I think it would be a lot of fun. The expenses would be the flight, and I would probably pay the family I stayed with, just to help them out, for helping me have a good time. I would also play a little, and listen to the Morin khuur be played. This a traditional Mongolian stringed instrument, and a symbol of the nation of Mongolia. This instrument is very important to the people of Mongolia, and I would possibly buy one to bring home as a souvenir. I wouldn't play this one, because I would want it to stay in good condition, so I would be able to appreciate it for years to come. I would help the family collect their food during the day, and would be helpful to this family, while I learn about their culture. I think this would be one of the best vacations I could go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment