Monday, March 4, 2013

Tips for traveling by air

There are many tips for traveling and important ones. If you forget these rules, you will be in trouble when traveling.Know the difference non direct and direct trips. Non direct trips tend to have stop points on different airports on the way to the final stop. Direct trips tend to be one way no stops, until it stops on to its destination. Make sure you buy your ticket under the exact name that appears on your birth certificate, not a nickname. Pick up the tickets and give them your luggage first. Even if you have time make your way to the gateway of which you plane is airplane is arriving. Get to your gateway city as early as you can. Get something to eat because you don't know when the food on the plane will be served. Double-check foreign document requirements because you don't want any mistakes to mess up your trip. Set your luggage apart from the pack, so you don't have to wait in the luggage line trying to figure out which bag is yours. Carry a medic kit because you never know when you might have to use them. Before you leave for the trip for the airport, check your bags again. Right when you get to your seat, put all your bags away and get them out of other peoples way. Also never carry sharp dangerous objects. Never say anything that might make you be considered a threat to the airport. For example never say bomb, al-qaeda, explode, hijack and bang. Don't even joke about any of those words. Again never carry any banned items for example like screwdrivers, scissors, lighters, and corkscrews. Never be angry in the airports because officers could see that a threat to the people around you. when you follow these tips you will have no problem traveling by air. Also once you get in this habit you will become a pro traveler.

1 comment:

  1. Saurav,
    Reading this blog about traveling made me think of an incident that happened to me. I was packed and headed to Salt Lake City, Utah for DECA Nationals from Logan airport. I didn’t know there was a limit to how much liquid you could bring in one concealed container. So here I am with all my regular sized containers of shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, and shaving cream. I knew something wasn’t right when my bag was pulled off the belt and searched. I thought someone planted me with something. Direct and non-direct are two totally different things but I didn’t know that. My trip was non-direct, but I wasn’t upset about that I was more upset about the fact that we had to go back through security before we got on another plane. I have flown a bunch of times now and have learned from my mistakes using the tips/rules you provided.

    ReplyDelete