Sunday, March 3, 2013

Share a Tip Blog 3

Easy Tips For Taking Children To The Beach
 
Life would be so much easier if things were as simple as one, two, and three. In the summer little kids can be quite the handful and difficult to keep busy, as well as out of trouble. The most common way to keep a child busy during the summer is by bringing them to the beach for a day. Although this may seem like a difficult task it does not have to be!

You want to make sure you have all the necessities you want. Do this by starting a checklist of everything you will need for the beach.  This will make the beach experience with children more enojable as well as easy!

Preparation
You will need:
                Sunscreen SPF 50+
        Change of Clothes
        Flip Flops
        Bathing suit
        Towels
        Blanket to lay on
        Food/Snacks                                                    
        Sunglasses
        Umbrella for shade
        Sand and water toys
        Whistle
        Beach chairs
        Books/magazines
Why these things will be helpful:
Sunscreen: helps to prevent burns and damage to the skin.

Flip Flops:  Flip Flops are light weight as well as cooling to the feet. It makes walking easier through the sand when it is extremely hot. Keeps your bottom of your feet from burning.

Bathing Suit: Allows you to stay cool, go into the water and dry off quickly.

Towels/Blankets: Bringing extra towels will make sure the person can dry off after swimming as well as have something to sit on.

Food and Snacks: Allows you a healthy option than buying beach food. It’s easier and more convenient.

Sunglasses: Blocks the harmful rays of the sun and allows you to watch what is going on more easily.

Whistle: This will make it a lot easier to keep track of your kids.

Sand and Water Toys: Gives the children more entertainment and allows them to have more fun.

Change of Clothes: After a long day at the beach you can change into dry comfortable clothes for the ride back to your starting destination.

Beach Chairs: Allows you to get up out of the sand in a more comfortable position. It also makes it easier to see what the children are doing and where they are
 
*Another good idea is to get together games and toys the children can play in the car. This will make the care ride more enjoyable and make the ride to the beach go a lot more smoothly and faster.*
 
Next Step:
·         Research beaches that you would be interested in going to. Find out how far they are, if there is a cost to get, and if the beach is kid/family friendly
 
 
Most popular beaches in New England:
 
 
Final Step:
·         Enjoy your day at the beach! Soak up the sun, and enjoy being with your child/children!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steph, I really enjoyed reading your blog. By reading it, it reminded me of so many funny stories of going to the beach as a kid and now. Growing up, I never listened to my parents about the sunscreen; I thought I was better than that. This resulted in numerous very painful sunburns. Safe to say, I learned my lesson!
    To me, the beach is still an awesome time and I pretty much live there in the summer. It still amuses me seeing parents chasing their kids around the beach and trying to pin them down to put sunscreen on them. I believe it happened to everyone at one point. I really did appreciate the blog and I am planning on using these tips in the near future. The only thing that I would add to the list would be a Boogie Board. I feel like giving a Boogie Board to a kid will occupy them for at least an hour. I know I was always a sucker for Boogie Boards and would always find myself in the water for quite some time. Overall though, I believe this blog is very beneficial for anyone who is going to the beach in the near future.
    -Connor Richard

    ReplyDelete